Tuesday, January 11, 2011

By Request: Vanilla Butter Cookies w/Lemon Buttercream Frosting


I made these cookies several months ago and they were Oh! so good!!!...A friend of mine requested the recipe so I searched my pile of scribbled recipes and found them! YAY!!!  I had seen some cookies on Etsy that totally inspired me to find something as "good looking" as they were. And yes they tasted as good as they looked!!!  These two separate recipes were found on www.recipezaar.com

Vanilla Butter Cookies

Makes 36 Cookies

1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 T. pure vanilla extract (the secret)
1/2 tsp. almond extract ( I did not use this just because I didn't have it on hand)
2 cups flour

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add egg, vanilla, and extract, and beat well.
4. Mix in flour.
5. Drop by rounded teasponfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.

(My notes: Do not over bake, let cool and then make sandwich cookies with the frosting recipe posted below).





Lemon Buttercream Frosting (From the Famous Sprinkles Cupcakes)

1 cup butter
3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 lemon, juice and zest of
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

1. Combine butter, sugar, and salt and beat till well combined.
2. Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla and continue to beat for another 3-5 minutes or until creamy.

(My NOTES: I didn't have a lemon, so I just used 1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment