Saturday, September 26, 2009

Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Scones

What to make on a cloudy morning, no butter, not much oil?  Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Scones, these are so fun and easy.  Simple to make and fun for kids as you do not pat them out like regular scones, simply drop them out like biscuits.  These are absolutely scrumptious with a cup of Joe!!! Enjoy!




Mix together:

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. white sugar
3 T applesauce
2 T water
1/2 c. milk
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I love to use mini-chips)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together and drop by large rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 min. Makes a Perfect Dozen!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh they look really good Marie you will have to make me some sometime when I am at your house.Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh ya, think I will be baking these lovelys this weekend. I was wondering if you are trying to fatten me up with all your great recipes? Just to let you know, I do that quite well on my own. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pa-Dutch-Travel,
    Ha ha, yeah I fatten up all on my own too! ;-)
    Just an FYI, these are great made into blueberry scones as well, I made them Sunday morn with all wheat flower, heaped the sugar, and 1 cup of frozen blueberries, they were great! And so quick when your in a hurry!!!

    ReplyDelete