Saturday, September 12, 2009

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies


I did some fall decorating yesterday (I will post pics soon hopefully) and what a great way to bring in the fall season but with peanut butter no bake cookies.

I had forgot about this recipe, I had made it frequently a couple of years ago, but we just love them and all the ingredients are in your kitchen!


Peanut Butter No-Bakes

1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup of butter or margarine
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 evaporated milk (I did not have this on hand so I used fresh milk with cream in it)
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt

1. In a saucepan, combine the su gar, butter, flour and milk. Bring to a full rolling boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients all at once. Blend well.
3. Drop tablespoonfuls onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Cool completely before serving or storing.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies, a great evening fall snack!

1 comment: