Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peach & Blueberry Crisp

As usual my breakfast creations are made using what I have on hand, I was trying to figure out a quick breakfast this morn and remembered I still had some Georgia peaches in the freezer that I had put up this summer.  So I made a peach crisp, I like to use the same crisp recipe that I use for apples.  And if you don't have frozen peaches many times I have used a can of canned peaches in syrup and slice the slices thinner, very tasty!


I thinly covered my 9 x 13 oiled pan with the peaches and then sprinkled a handful of frozen blueberries on top, for some extra color and flavor.




Then I mixed together

2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
7 T.  softened butter

(My base recipe is from my red 1969  Betty Crocker but I have changed it up a bit above by adding more oats and butter)

Mix all together and sprinkle over the peaches and blueberries, bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good I wish I had some peaches and blue berries in my freezer. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm-mmm. That last photo looks really yummy. I'm going to have to try this. I like both peach crisp and blueberry crisp, so the combo should be a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum.... almost made a peach and blueberry cobbler last night... will try this next time!

    ReplyDelete