Monday, February 28, 2011

Sprouting Seeds

Calling all smart seed sprouters.....what is the most economical seed sprouter? I would love to hear your tips? And where do you recommend getting seeds and what are the most nutritional seeds? The best healthy bang for my buck?


There are so many different kinds out there that I feel overwhelmed and I really don't know much about it except that it's fairly easy and good for me.


Thank you all for your input!

~Marie


Okay well I was reading around the awesome Morristribe blog tonight and I think Kelly answered a lot of my questions about seed sprouting, check out her youtube tutorial if you would like to learn too!!! Thanks Kelly




You can also visit her blog by clicking the button below:


The Morris Tribe


Here are the lids she was referring to:





And organic Alfalfa seeds


2 comments:

  1. I get my seeds from Bakers Creek Heirloom Seeds company online. Just type in the name and it should come up. Their seeds are open-pollinated and non-gmo. Their seeds are very reasonably priced and if I am remembering right, their shipping price is one tiny price no matter how many seed packets you buy. They also have a blog and lots of info on website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a set of three (graduated sized screens) sprouting strainer lids that I got very reasonably, and I just use them on my quart canning jars. They work great! (If I remember to rinse them like they need!)

    ReplyDelete