Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chili on a Frigid Day


So we are day 3 of being snowed in.  I have thoroughly enjoyed it, I have been able to make bread, beans, and chili.  Three things I regret not getting: milk, butter, and eggs. I know pretty sad!!!  But I was thinking of bare necessities, water and canned soups, the whole time thinking we would lose power and wouldn't be able to cook.  Last night was  negative 10 degrees, I am soooo thankful we still have power!!!

Yesterday I started a big pot of beans and before supper I turned that into a pot of chili.  I will share my new concoction below. :)

Snowed In Chili ~ 2011

1 pot of cooked pinto beans (with the broth it cooked in)
1 large can of crushed tomoatoes
3/4 cup brewed coffee (save some from breakfast) :)
1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
sprinkle in some Emeril's essence seasoning
1/4 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon Cocoa
sprinkle on some nutmeg

Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Enjoy!!!!  

We enjoyed this with our snowed in neighbors who made the Cheez-It recipe we have here on the blog.....found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment