Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Salted Coconut Oil Brownies



Who wants brownies? 
(Raises hand as high as possible like an eager child in a classroom....) "I do I do!" Would there be any other answer if brownies were in question?

I am loving my Tropical Traditions gold label coconut oil (more like getting spoiled with it). So I decided to try making brownies with it. Oh mercy! So glad I did that!

So was hubby. 

I made these yesterday and today I got this text, "Just a reminder to let you know how awesome your brownies were yesterday"

That translates to..."Please make more brownies...TODAY!" 

:)

And of course I did.

These are SUPER easy and SUPER yummy.

Salted Coconut Oil Brownies

Here's what you will need:

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
(I just put it in a saucepan on the stove on med. heat for a couple min, don't over heat)
1/2 cup cocoa (I add an extra tablespoon or two for good measure)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all these ingredients together and spread in an 8" square pan that has been greased with coconut oil. Spread the batter in the pan, then take a good pinch of sea salt and sprinkle all over the top of the batter, I do this a couple of times.

Bake at 350 for 20 min. Don't overbake, these turned out perfect at 20 min. Mmmmmm


If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.



No comments:

Post a Comment