Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chalkboard Farm Door


My hubby cleans houses part time. We have a house cleaning business and he's always coming home with unique decorating ideas he discovers in clients homes.

One just so happened to be a chalkboard door. When he told me I knew the Perfect spot for my chalkboard door, and then I came up with a couple about 20 others. I'll be scribbling chalk art everywhere in this house. :)

The chalkboard door he saw boasted a family's 'Bucket List' for that year. It included events and activities they wanted to make happen in 2013.

I love the fact that I can change what's on my door anytime my little ol' heart desires.

My facebook friend posted this little poem and I knew this is what I wanted to write on my back door. This old back door that leads into our laundry room certainly needed some sort of makeover and chalkboard paint just so happened to be the answer.

I went ahead and painted a little spot on the bottom for the girls to draw pictures and create their own art as they fancied. They were tickled pink. Pink chalk that is, and blue, yellow and green....

BECAUSE

we couldn't find white chalk...ANYWHERE! Yes I'm yelling, I was a bit frustrated that it was sold out at every wal-mart. We were also told that Wal-Mart no longer carries chalkboard paint but luckily we found some at Lowe's. That stuff is a bit pricey, but the good part...a little bit goes a long way, so a quart will do you good for a while, depending on how many projects you have.

We also painted a door in the living room but I won't be showing that to you until our big reveal of our Living Room makeover, which could take a few months, but I'm excited to share it with you.

Have a blessed day ya'll!

~Marie

Check out this adorable Melissa & Doug Chalk Bundle!


To view the Melissa and Dough Chalk Bundle click here: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle



No comments:

Post a Comment