Monday, February 18, 2013

Coconut Oil Oatmeal Muffins


I make these oatmeal muffins a lot. They come out of my favorite Betty Crocker that I grew up with....the 1971 version.

If your tired of your morning bowl of oatmeal this muffin is like a bowl of oatmeal on the go and tastes oh so scrumptious! My kids always gobble them right up, and I do too, not gonna lie.

When I received my jar of  Tropical Traditions Virgin coconut oil I knew I had to try it out in these. Oh mercy, I don't think I'll make them with any other oil again. Here's the recipe so you can try 'em out too.

Coconut Oil Oatmeal Muffins

1 egg
1 cup milk (I use almond or raw milk)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil 
1 cup quick oats
1 cup of flour (all-purpose or wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix all together and fill muffins cups about 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy hot or cold.


The best oil Ever!


If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you




No comments:

Post a Comment