Monday, July 2, 2012

5 Updos for This Summer


I love trying new hair-dos! Especially in the summer when I CANNOT stand my hair to be around my face. We drive an hour to church and I like to get creative with stylish up-dos that 'stay put' with the windows down.

I am including below a list of FIVE updos that I have tried myself and  links that I have personally used.

1. Sock Bun (I just discovered this one and I adore it, super easy and I get so many compliments, looks like hard work but it only takes a few seconds!)

2. French Braid ( I self taught myself to french braid when I was a young teen. While I don't wear french braids much anymore it's a great fall-back in a pinch. Just the other night before church I had time to hop in the shower but literally no time to fix my hair and nurse the baby so I did a quick french braid.)

3. Low Messy Chignon (I discovered this do last summer when I was looking for a stylish updo that was also quick and easy with a 40's flair. This tutorial made is super easy to follow!)

4. Bandanas (I know this seems rather simple but there are so many cute styles and scarves, in a really bad hair day this will be great and cute too!)



5. Audrey Do ( I had fun with this one as you can see in my pics I am wearing the Audrey do)






Please include your favorite up-dos in the comments below! 





Linked to:


3 comments:

  1. Love the Up Do! My favorite is the messy up do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut my hair short recently, but LOVE updos. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great ideas for staying cool, and looking nice! :)

    ReplyDelete