Thursday, August 8, 2013

STOP! and let me tell you what the Lord has done for me....

I feel like the title of a sweet little Children's Bible song is appropriate for my blog post today. Because when God does something awesome for you it's pretty hard to keep it quiet. 



I guess you could say last week for us was like a Job week. Thankfully we have our health and our children and a roof over our heads so I needn't complain but everything was going wrong. And I think just the fact of it all happening at once felt overwhelming. 

We believe the transmission on our van is going out, at first it was grinding and sometimes when we are driving up hills it doesn't seem to want to make it up.

The lawn mower we were borrowing wouldn't start after multiple times of hubby trying to get it going.

While my husband was out of town the refrigerator quit working. 

And while we are out of debt (thank you Lord) the stack of bills that week and needs just seemed unconquerable. 

A few days before all of this happened I saw in my facebook news feed the advertisement for this book: 

Overwhelmed: Hope and Help for the Financially Weary

I knew I needed that book. I prayed to the Lord, "Please let me make an ebay sell today so I can buy that book" He answered. I bought it, read it, WOW! The testimonies in those pages were amazing to say the least and absolutely the encouragement I needed for my Job week.

Makes me think of the song by the Isaacs..."Stand still and let God move".

The book really opened my eyes and helped me realize that I can't fix my problems on my own. God allows them for a reason and He'll fix them when He's ready. To Him alone be the Glory.

Back to the refrigerator.

I kept everything in a cooler for about a week and really it wasn't that difficult. I was thinking, "I can do this for awhile." I like camping. :) I continued to check craigslist for a good deal on a fridge and the cheapest I could find was a dorm fridge for $50-$75 (which I was considering). Something is better than nothing.

All that week the Holy Spirit reminded me of the Scripture in Philipians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" 

I checked craigslist for the umpteenth time and noticed a basic fridge for $35. The ad said it worked but just needed cleaned. An awesome friend with a truck agreed very last minute to take my hubby to go get it (a good hour away). 

Once they got there and loaded it hubby asks, "So what do we owe ya?" The lady replied, "Absolutely nothing, I want you to have it" He was in shock. I know it was just $35 but it was $35 we really didn't have.

When I saw the fridge and realized it was a vintage retro fridge...I just about cried......for tears of Joy. You see I love retro, and adore vintage. The inside of this fridge boasts a beautiful retro blue design and lovely chrome handles on the outside. She needs cleaned, but she's a beaut!

And that's when I was reminded of another Scripture verse in Psalms 37:4, " Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Not ONLY did he supply my need but in so doing he gave me the desire of my heart. A much smaller fridge that fits so much better in my little farmhouse kitchen.

If he knows the very number of hairs on your head there is no doubt he can replace your fridge for free with a retro one you adore. I don't deserve it, I am so very thankful, so very thankful for what the Lord has done for me.


Love them chrome handles!


Original egg holder in the door, the pretty blue door above opens up to store butter.


Look at that super cute icebox!



No comments:

Post a Comment