Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Make your Own Caramel Mocha Coffee



I am guilty of liking the caramel mocha latte from McDonalds.....I know such a shame. It's not like I get it all the time, it's certainly a treat if we are out and about but I still like it.

This morning I decided to recreate my own, which is by far better than any McDonald's caramel mocha!

Here's how I did it.

Pour a cup of your favorite coffee (I used Dunkin Donuts Turbo Boost)...really like LOVE that stuff.
Add 2-3 Tablespoons of cream
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1/8 tsp. Watkins caramel extract. ( I use the watkins caramel extract in everything. Brownies, cookies, and baked oatmeal. Adds a unique and delectable flavor)



To view Watkins Caramel extract click the link here: Jr Watkins Caramel Extract 8 Oz.



Stir and Sip! It's that easy..... :) 

I enjoyed it with some Turtle pecan biscotti that my sweet man surprised me with last night. Ah-mazing!


Nonni's turtle pecan biscotti are so good, to purchase your own click here: Nonni's Turtle Pecan Biscotti, 6.88-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)



We started school back this week and it was certainly a sweet treat to begin my day. I so enjoy the books we are reading. We finished Little House in the Big woods and are now reading through Little House on the Prairie. Suprisngly I never read these when I was little, so I anticipate the turn of each page as much as the girls do.







The happenings that Laura and Mary experience are certainly different from the things we deal with today. I was reminded today what a Technology age our children live in when Heidi made me laugh out loud while we were doing school.

I have been working with her on capitalizing the first letter of her sentences. She really does a great job with Grammar but she is such an absent minded little thing that she hardly ever capitalizes or uses punctuation.

Today she held up her sentences and smiled big and said..."Mom I remembered to use 'Caps Lock'. Oh I busted up laughing. I can just see Laura and Mary's face if they had been here. A puzzled look it would have been, I am sure.

This is what made me smile today.......what about you, is there something that brought a smile to your face today?




No comments:

Post a Comment