Monday, January 7, 2013

Pies, Decluttering, and Encouragement

Here is a pic of the pie I made Saturday night. I was short on blackberries but it was still tasty and everyone enjoyed it for breakfast on Sunday morning.


With the extra crust I cut them in pieces, buttered them and sprinkled turbinado or brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Baked those at 350 for 6-8 minutes.  Hubby and I enjoyed them with coffee and the kiddos chowed down on them too.


Today I have Buffalo Joes in the crock pot, a yummy sloppy jo recipe I got from the Crock On cookbook, you can find the link to it on the right of my page here. If you are interested in crock pot cooking I really recommend her cookbook. You can get it on the Kindle for only $5. 


I really love Turbinado sugar. It is fun to bake with and makes a great topping for muffins, pies, and cookies.
To view Turbinado sugar click here: Turbinado Sugar - 1 box, 1 lb


I read this book this weekend on decluttering your home. It had some great tips that I put into practice and was able to declutter some in my bathroom and living room. I still need to hit the kitchen and my bedroom.
To view Declutter Your Home - How to Declutter your Home like a Professional click here: Declutter Your Home - How To Declutter Your House Like A Professional

Do you have any books you recommend on Decluttering?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


On another note I'd like to talk about being an encouragement.


Encourage

Buy This at Allposters.com

I have been very burdened lately about really being the hands and feet of Jesus. My desire is to really reach out to others. Now I truly believe that my children are my first mission field and I have no desire to put them on the back burner to help someone else. Doing that reminds me of the Scripture in Matthew 8:36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

With that in mind I earnestly prayed last night before bed for God to show me how I can reach out. I live out in the country and homeschool my children so I was really questioning "how can I really be your hands and feet Jesus?"


Earlier in the week I had watched this video. It really hit a few spots in my heart and was encouraging to me.

This morning when I woke up the Holy Spirit spoke to me and I knew God had answered my prayer. He said "Write a letter of encouragement to _________" She is a newer Mom that I know needs the encouraging. I smiled in bed, God had answered my prayer. If we could only humble ourselves and pray that prayer everyday.......without ceasing even. And then act upon the command. 

What a blessing and encouragement we could be to others.







No comments:

Post a Comment