Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Almond Milk No Bakes

I found myself with only almond milk in the fridge today and the family is craving some no bakes after a week of sickness and bland food. So I decided to experiement with almond milk and make some no bakes this morning. And oh so nummy they are. You can't even tell the difference except, maybe........they are better. :)


I love the glossy shine they have. There are some cookies missing in this photo....not so sure how that happened....okay maybe I am.

Oats make a healthy breakfast, so these qualify for a healthy breakfast don't you think? We'll just ignore the 2 cups of sugar. 

Almond Milk No Bakes

1 stick butter
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
4 heaping Tablespoons of cocoa powder (I heap things a lot)
1/2 cup of peanut butter (I heap this too, the more PB the better, right?)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 heaping cups oats (and I heap these too, I'm just tellin' you like it is folks)

In a saucepan over medium heat cook butter, sugar, almond milk and cocoa. When this comes to a boil continue stirring for one minute. Then you can add your PB, vanilla and oats.

I like to use my handy dandy cookie scoop like the one below. Yup that's right, I use it for messy no bakes, it's awesome. Place on wax paper and try to wait for them to cool before you eat one.......or not. 


To view Norpro Stainless Steel 1 Tablespoon scoop click here: Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 1 Tablespoon, 35mm

I bought oats in bulk last month so I have been making lots of recipes using oats

To view Honeyville 50 lbs. Quick Rolled Oats click here: Quick Rolled Oats - Bulk 50 Pound Bag

Do you purchase any grocery items in bulk? 








No comments:

Post a Comment