Monday, July 6, 2009

Homemade Laundry Detergent

There's just something rewarding about making something you can use yourself. I found an easy recipe for a powder laundry detergent and I just love it. I'm one of those shortcut people, so if I can find a homemade simple way to make something, I'm gonna do it!!!
Here is the recipe below:
1 bar of soap Fels Naptha,  ivory or lye soap)
2 cups of borax (found in the laundry detergent aisle in stores)
1 cup of washing soda (honestly it's hard to find....let me know if you find a place CHEAP....so I know it's not the same but I use 1 cup of baking soda found in the laundry aisle as well)
Grate the bar of soap and simply add the rest of the ingredients....stir and use 1 Tablespoon per regular load of laundry.





Last time I used mint scented lye soap I found on etsy, I will include the link to that seller soon.
Then I liked to keep a washcloth with drops of lavender essential oils on it and I throw it in the dryer with the laundry. My clothesline still hasn't been set up since the move. ;-)
Feel free to include your laundry soap recipes below!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment