The girls were picking Dandelions for the rabbits today and I mentioned that they are really good fried.
So that's what we had for lunch today. :)
How to make 'em.
1. Send your kiddos outside and tell them to pick away, you only want the flower, none of the green, that can be bitter. The green directly under the petals are okay though.
2. Soak them in some cold water and several dashes of salt, to scare away the wittle bugs. We probably soaked them for 20-30 min.
3. Strain and pat them dry.
4. Mix together 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon of water.
5. On a plate add 1 cup of flour (we used wheat pastry flour), and your choice of salt, pepper and any other seasonings you love.
6. Dip in egg mixture, then flour mixture and deep fry, doesn't take real long.
The girls dipped them in ketchup, ranch would be good too!!