Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sun-dried tomato, spinach, cheese Omelet = Divine! :)



Trying for a healthier lunch today I realized I had most of the ingredients to make this.  Mine turned into scrambled eggs but it was still simply marvelous!  



I found the recipe off the food network website, found here

My version below:

Ingredients:


  • 2  handfuls spinach
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 8 pieces smoked sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 6 large eggs
  • Feta cheese and Romano cheese
Directions:

Toss 2 T. butter in skillet, cook tomatoes in butter for a couple of minutes add salt and pepper.  While the tomatoes are cooking chop up the spinach add to the skillet and cook for about 4 mintues.  Whisk the eggs and pour over spinach and tomatoes.  Sprinkle on as much feta and romano cheese as you like, let eggs cook and set a bit then scramble a bit.  I usually make omelets but I didn't want to broil this one so I just scrambled it. VERY GOOD! :)


I Sprinkled some basil on top, yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment