Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup



As many of you know I love my crock-pot, we're good friends, in fact I'd say we're pretty tight. :)
I love anything that can make supper preparations quicker and easier.

So I was excited to try Frontier Soups Tortilla Soup Mix.
This soup can be ready in as little as 30 minutes but I made up my own Slow Cooker Version and the kiddos were asking for seconds. 

Ironically I didn't have any  tortilla chips on hand the night I made it so my daughter whipped up some "cawn bread" and it was mighty tasty I do say. 

I got this mix from Abe's Market and I love it because any orders over $49 ship free. They offer many wonderful natural and organic products, easy meal mixes, and natural skincare too.

It's awesome too because you can earn rewards just for making purchases, reviewing products, etc.

Without further ado here is my Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup Recipe below using the Frontier Mix.

You will need:



*The package calls for a jar of salsa but I didn't have any so I dumped in a can of stewed tomatoes and a few tablespoons of taco sauce.


*6 cups chicken broth
*1 cup water
*2 cups shredded cooked chicken

What to do:

I placed 2 chicken breasts in my crock pot with 6 cups of water, cook on High 3 hours or until cooked through, I added some chicken boullion to this as well. 

Shred your chicken and leave the broth in the crock pot, add the soup mix, tomatoes, 1 cup water, and taco sauce. Cook on High for 1-2 hours and then turn down to low until supper. This had such a wonderful flavor from simmering all day and using the chicken broth that the chicken breasts cooked in.

This turned out so good I am definitely eager to try the other Frontier Soups from Abe's Market. They will be great to have on hand on days I'm in a big hurry or just plain tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment