Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shepherds Pie


I saw a recipe on All-recipes tonight for an easy Shepherds pie found here but I couldn't help but tweak it a bit. I picked this recipe because I had everything on hand.

What I did and what you will need:

1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can milk
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1 cup frozen carrots (or canned)
5 to 6 potatoes
Cheddar cheese

I fried my ground beef with seasonings like onion powder, garlic, season salt, etc.  Then mix the ground beef with 1 can cream mushroom soup, and fill half the can with milk and pour in mixture.  Stir in the veggies.  Pour in greased 9 x 13 baking dish.  Meanwhile cook mashed potatoes (I added some milk and butter to my tators). Pour over beef mixture, top with lots of cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden and bubbly.

I made whole wheat cinnamon rolls for dessert and will post the recipe for that soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment